.music. knowledge. words. truth.


Monday, October 25

Joe Budden - "Intro (Pray For Me)"



"Intro (Pray For Me)" is the first track of Joe Budden recently leaked mixtape, Mood Muzik 4. I've posted the lyrics under 'Let's Go...'

Now if it goes to the wire I will never fall
I got the soul of a fighter
walk barefoot over the coal of a fire
I thought the toll would be lighter
but make sure that blunt's rolled a little tighter
I tell 'em I'm just lookin' for some peace of mind
but they say I'm only workin' with a piece of mind
if I do it, it'll be on my own accord, no questions
swear to god I never called upon the lord so much
play the corner of the club
laughin' at the wannabes (why?)
it's ironic 'cause they everything I wanna be
would light a ton of reef
but that's gon' unleash
everything I'm tryna hide underneath
then I'd lose all I've earned
and if there's two things that I've learned (what?)
is that I'm the only thing at stake
and with you, the only thing real
really, you the only fake
must be time escape from that
and fuck rhymes
it's time to escape from rap
why should I be the only nigga to escape from the act
so I lie since everybody just escapes from fact
yo that selfish shit niggas be on, I can't dig it
Joe won't lose even if you plan to rig it
nothin' to prove, in no fair lines I'm depicted
won't move, I don't care to be evicted
you don't like how I move
well I ain't gon' keep still
any nigga want me killed
won't leave me in the streets pealed
well if it happens, it happens
I believe in free will
just know that ain't how we built
alcohol niggas that'll dead you for a cheap thrill
when the clip's empty, they gon' try and refill
and I'ma be the dude tryna stop 'em like please chill
ya'll know what I'm about
keep puttin' up roadblocks, I keep findin' alternate routes
now success seems likely
everybody wanna try me
I'm all for it, can't trip me up, won't fall for it
I'm just a man without a care
made outta heartache, roommate without despair
reminded my past is dark
because when A.M. died
I was starin' at Travis Barker
wishin' there was somethin' I could say to make him cheer up
and so I prayed, and he teared up
I ain't wanna see him go through that
the same shit that I feel, just never show you that
given it's nobody's business
and it just makes you look weaker
every joke is just smoke, gotta look deeper
nevermind, don't bother
some of ya'll are smarter
nothin' got sense that if you try harder
you'll get a glimpse of everythin' I harbor
we all got the strength to be a martyr
so anyone that ever loved me
I apologize, and I'm sorry wholeheartedly
can't change, it's just part of me
it's not must, shit's art to me
too fucked up to drive, here's the car key
I don't care where we go
just get it far from me
places I don't wanna have to make
but the world's goin' faster
my ride or die chose the latter
lookin' for a rush outta habit
proof there's such thing as too much for an addict
nigga I'm the little ass nigga come from middle class
when you speak to me, show a little class
dropped outta school 'cause a nigga couldn't sit through class
learned to fall asleep through the sound of a pistol's blast
I come from where dad taught mom to get high
but she strong so we still got by
when I picked up the drug
why the fuck was they surprised
if it wasn't for your genes, I wouldn't lust the supply
I come from a whole hood tellin' me that I'm next
handin' me a mag, must've noticed I was complex
they say that you wild and visual
just not gettin' my style, you're too typical
everybody gotta word for me
shit ya'll deem important ain't pertinent to me
nigga, put your opinion with a feather and balance that
grab medicine when the success and the talent match

No comments:

Post a Comment